Things I've Never Been

I have never been much of a morning person. I usually don't like the way that I feel when I wake up, all disoriented about life with puffy eyes and low expectations for another day just like the last 7,864. Lately, for a variety of reasons, and people, this is changing. Suddenly, early morning walks with good coffee and the sunrise seem like a great reason to wake up. Especially if they are with Somebody.

I realize that there are a lot of things that I have never been that I would like to be, and a morning person is just one of them. I've never been rich, for instance, but I would like to give it a whirl and see how it feels. I have never been with One Person for the Rest of My Life, but I fully intend to. I have never been to Turkey, but that's gonna happen someday (maybe once they get some things sorted out...). I have never been floating in the Dead Sea, I have never been in such good shape that I was proud of myself. I have never been published - like for REAL. I have never been the owner of a Jaguar, or the Mother of Dragons. (Ok, that last one is disputable, right Hal?)

"Never Been" is one of our great excuses. I've "never been" a runner. I've "never been" good at art. I've "never been" good at relationships. I've "never been" into reading. I've "never been" good with money, or organized, or on time. I don't want to "never be" anything, really - I want to always be something, and to be a lot of things at least once in my life, including a runner, and good at relationships, and definitely rich. I hope that if there is one example that I set for my kids it's that we can be the things we've never been as soon as we decide that we want to (KIZZIE!!!). There are so many things that I have never been and so many things that I have every intention of being someday, and now seems like the perfect time to start being.

puffy eyes sunrise

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I can relate to this so much. I admire so much those souls who are really good at things even its just one thing or maybe they get good at one and get bored and become good at another. That's what I want so I can totally relate to you! Thanks for manifesting your goals out there to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog